Home > Football (soccer) > Vulez Vu Zela Avec Moi ?

Vulez Vu Zela Avec Moi ?

What can you say about the French national soccer team? Personally, I find it a hilarious development based on how France got into the World Cup in the first place.

But what can you say? Sometimes karma works for you, and sometimes it works against you.

I hope France get dumped completely out of the World Cup when they play against South Africa. Then all the Irish can have a laugh and get back to whatever they do best.

And a subnote — what was up with the French referee Lannoy having a laugh with Luis Fabiano after Fabiano had scored his second goal of the day against Ivory Coast? It was an obvious hand-ball, and the ref is having a laugh with him afterwards? Watch it HERE.
Erm, FIFA? Anyone? Bueller?

No Question about Fabiano's first goal (Reuters)

Advertisements
  1. William D
    June 20, 2010 at 3:42 pm

What about the karma for Brazil? Just like Rivaldo got a Turkish player sent off in 2002 for grabbing his face when someone kicked him in the leg… now Ivory Coast gets Kaká sent off for simulation too!

Now that´s Karma baby!

2. June 20, 2010 at 4:21 pm

HA HA! I was thinking about that too. Live by the flop, die by the flop. Too bad for Kaká, though, just as he’s getting back to match fitness.

I just want someone other than Brazil to win it…!

3. June 20, 2010 at 10:12 pm

Argentina surely impress, a lot. But that doesn’t mean they’re automatically the winner. I remember Holland beat Italy 4-1 or 4-0 in Euro ’08 then lost to, out of all the national teams, Russia.

Not to mention Argentina haven’t received the karma for red carding David Beckham in World Cup 98, if i’m not wrong…

4. June 21, 2010 at 8:20 am

Good point Henson. And has Argentina had their karma moment for Maradona’s Hand of God yet either?

But you have to admit that Russia were amazing in that game against Holland in Euro 2008. Based on that performance they could have won the whole tournament. Too bad they fluffed their lines in the next round.

5. June 22, 2010 at 1:45 am

What has happened to France makes our problems pale in comparison. From top to bottom it is a complete shambles, I don’t know where the blame begins, the French FA for not ousting Domenech sooner? the overly critical fans? the players? the coaching staff? the mole who leaked the Anelka story to the press? Farcical beyond belief.

6. dfm
    June 22, 2010 at 9:39 am

watched the conversation between the ref and the player and wondered, too, what was behind the laughing conversation…I didn’t used to be so cynical but I always wonder if $$$ are around to augment whatever is paid to refs for their World Cup appearances.

• March 19, 2013 at 6:45 am

Joe, I am so glad that you enjoyed your trip to Splash Kingdom with your freind, Colby. I bet the water felt really cool on your skin in the hot sun yesterday!

• March 20, 2013 at 2:40 pm

MweaJU fbosbtavkgqm

7. Jeff
    June 23, 2010 at 11:00 am

French ref is an idiot. Even if you think the guy pulled one over on you, do you go have a laugh about it in the middle of the game?

FIFA disgusts me. Oh, yeah – can we request the referee from Mali for another one of our games?

• June 23, 2010 at 11:10 am

Too true, too true. I mean, what a better way than to think the refs are favoring one team over another? Ridiculous.

Headline I saw today: USA 1, FIFA 0.

8. Jeff
    June 23, 2010 at 11:01 am

Or maybe the referee from the Italy v. USA game in 2006 – that guy is outstanding.

1. No trackbacks yet.